It seems people enjoy answering random questions just as much as I enjoy reading them. My Twenty Questions has turned into a bit of a series. I’m loving it!
So my second interviewee is Lorna over at Gin & Lemonade. I insist you check out her brilliant blog, she’s been at it a while! You’ll find random musings, travel tales, lots about books, a series she calls ‘3 books, 3 blogs’ (of which I’m taking part in very soon!), and snippets from her family life, being a wheeling great Mum! Lorna was one of the first fellow wheel bloggers I ‘met’.
I have to say I’m really looking forward to Lorna fulfilling question 10. Books and cakes, two of my favourite things!
My questions/Lorna’s answers
1. What made you decide to write a blog?
People kept saying ‘You should blog!’ So, I started.
2. What do you want your blog to achieve?
It’s changed over the years (all 7 of them, so far). These days, I’d like to make a living from writing, and if my blog is part of that, then well, that’ll be just peachy.
3. What is the most difficult thing for you about having a disability?
Inaccessible buildings, wilful ignorance, and spontaneity you have to plan! Saying all of that, unless you are my child(ren), my life is not your teachable moment.
4. What is the biggest positive about having a disability?
I’ve had some pretty cool day-job experiences from it. I miss literally trying to make the world a more accessible, inclusive place.
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Anything my Italian Nana ever made.
6. An apocalypse is imminent, you have 30 minutes to prepare, what 3 items do you pack?
Our wedding box, our daughter’s baby box, and my Grandmother’s photo from the mantelpiece.
7. When making tea would you pour the milk or water in first?
Coffee, coffee, everyone shut up, coffee.
8. What is your favourite way to relax?
A book and time to read it. Family time that isn’t dictated by a clock.
9. If you could interview any human, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you ask?
10. What would be your dream job?
I’d like to open an accessible bookshop, bakery and community space. Or get paid to travel and write books.
11. You’ve just won 10 million pounds (congratulations!), what 3 things would you do with the money?
Travel. Road-trip. Travel. Tell my husband he can quit his job. Give my daughter money to do with what she wants. Buy my parents (separate) houses. Open that bookshop. Donate the rest to Alzheimers research. Learn to count.
12. Where in the world would you most like to visit and why?
Anywhere my friends are. I’d like to take my penguin-obsessed family to Australia and New Zealand.
13. What one thing would you change about yourself?
I’d like the person I am with people I know to match who I am with people I don’t.
14. If you could play any part in a film, past or future, real or fiction, who would you be?
I’d play Isla’s Mum.
15. If there was a pill that would freeze you at your current age and you could live forever as you are now, would you take it?
And why? Gimme a few more years, then maybe. Saying that, it’s a privilege to get and grow old.
16. If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why?
17. If you could time travel, where would you go?
I’d like to befriend my grandparents when they were my age. Also, 1979.
18. If you were made Queen and allowed to pass one new law, what would it be, and why?
Level-access everywhere. And I’d make teleportation a real thing.
19. What personal trait has gotten you in the most trouble?
My weird-ass sense of humor?
20. As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
A published author, the love of my (very particular) husband’s life, and a mother. Also, Indiana Jones. Two out of four and the rest is gravy.
I’d like to thank the lovely Lorna at Gin & Lemonade for taking part in Twenty Questions.
You can check out all she gets up to here –
If you’d like to be featured in Twenty Questions please get in touch or let me know in the comments!