Ye I know, you’re laughing at that title already. Thinking ‘well we’ve all been in a pandemic, half of that was in some form of lockdown, and she’s been semi shielding the rest’.
Well if there’s one thing a global pandemic has taught me, it’s appreciate the small stuff. Because that’s stuff too.
I’ve said before about disabilty kind of preparing me for a time of restrictions. Because it’s not just now for some of us. But let’s not get all gloomy and ranty.
As we are on the cusp of saying farewell to 2021, hoping and wishing that 2022 has something good in store (just as we did at the end of 2020!), I look back at the things I’ve done, in 2021.
(The writing of this post was sparked by the reading on this one)
101 Things I’ve Done In 2021
1. Kicked it off in lockdown 3.0
2. Watched my sister open her 30th birthday gifts over FaceTime.
3. Did my first Covid PCR test (for research)
4. Ordered letterbox cheese to be delivered to a friend.
5. Did a real life jigsaw for the first time in years.
6. Woke up to snow.
7. Made pigs in blankets toad in the hole.
8. Received postal flapjacks.
9. Sold all my jewellery making stuff.
10. Listened to some epic audiobooks.
11. Had another FaceTime birthday for my niece.
12. Got all the feels watching the penultimate season of This Is Us.
13. Got 3 Covid-19 vaccinations. Not only to protect myself, but also my family, friends, community, and country.
14. Ditto the flu jab.
15. Discovered cheese and marmite hot cross buns. Then ate my weight in them.
16. Ate smoked salmon sandwiches at home. The things we miss can be random.
17. Painted over 100 stones, taking part in a worldwide creative project.
18. Made multiple batches of soup in my trusty soup maker.
19. Had a giant cake delivered from a not so secret Valentine. (My Uncle).
20. Made cinnamon sugar for pancake day.
21. Spent time appreciating my garden.
22. Experienced the relief of multiple negative Covid tests.
23. Completed my first ever diamond art.
24. Enjoyed conversations with my cats.
25. Made a Victoria sponge.
26. Had my blueberries substituted with peaches from Tesco. Like what?
27. Visited Addenbrookes hospital for the first time since I was a baby. For an exciting assessment.
28. Had a garden Easter egg hunt with the nieces.
29. Wondered if The Walking Dead will ever come to an end.
30. Had a CT scan.
31. Watched a royal funeral.
32. Joined HelloFresh to spice things up a bit.
33. Found out who H is in Line Of Duty and sighed with the nation.
34. Was stabbed 9 times by 3 anaesthetists that failed to get a spinal block in.
35. Froze under a heated blanket in my garden for a picnic on my birthday #PandemicLife
36. Completed my first scratch foil art.
37. Advertised for a new PA, got stood up and ghosted multiple times before I found one.
38. Got my first pair of bluetooth earbuds. Yes, I’m not cool.
39. Had afternoon tea delivered.
40. Relived my youth with Midnight Sun.
41. Started Risdiplam. The first oral treatment for SMA, with the aim to halt progression. A moment in history.
42. Celebrated Mum’s birthday with a picnic in my sister’s garden. Never have I picnicked so much.
43. Was gifted Hobnobs by our elderly neighbour.
44. Went in a shop for the first time in well over a year and it didn’t even feel weird.
45. Decided wearing a mask can be cosy and comforting. Plus you don’t have to look cheery if you’re not.
46. Chuckled at Mrs Doubtfire with the nieces.
47. Wrote a guest post all about SMA.
48. Watched ‘Friends’ get reunited.
49. Had Starbucks iced tea in my garden with a friend.
50. Attended online book club discussions.
51. Had the nieces sleepover.
52. Strolled around Eaton Park.
53. Ate McDonald’s in heavy rain in my friends garden.
54. Went to my favourite indian restaurant. Twice.
55. De-cluttered my bedroom and the garage.
56. Donated two of my old wheelchairs to a charity in Africa.
57. This trio got together after 18 months.
58. Met a hedgehog in my garden.
60. Decided to live with my bladder stones. For now.
61. Had a Greggs sausage roll.
62. Watched both versions of Willy Wonka in the same day.
63. Got drive thru Starbucks for the first time.
64. Finally reached the end of Dexter, then they announced they’re making more.
65. Sat in the sun drinking a brew in The Assembly House gardens.
66. Wrote 22 blog posts. Including this one.
67. Brought the outside in, filling my bedroom with plants.
68. Had fish and chips by the sea in Walcott. First sea view of the decade.
69. Watched people enjoying theirselves at Latitude Festival. On the tv.
70. Beat my niece at battleships.
71. Went to the zoo and met these lashes.
72. Ate homegrown tomatoes.
73. Mourned at the loss of Sean Lock. Comic genius.
74. Went to Pleasurewood Hills.
75. Went to a garden centre. And another.
76. Visited the village my Nan used to live.
77. Celebrated my sister’s 30th birthday 9 months late, with afternoon tea at The Assembly House.
78. Gave my bedroom a complete makeover. Sage green, leaves and chill.
79. Supervised the building of furniture as a cat sat in it.
80. Raged at anti-maskers, anti-vaxers and most humans.
81. Went bowling and didn’t loose. Or win.
83. Went back to doing word searches in real books instead of apps.
84. Appreciated the summer more than ever.
85. Enjoyed being under a roof eating Halloween themed afternoon tea at The Assembly House with a friend.
86. Jürgen on GBBO. Need I say more.
87. Became obsessed with reading fiction. Well more so than normal.
89. Ate Christmas Balls at Grosvenor.
90. Had a hot chocolate doorstep delivery.
91. Sent my Covid positive niece some goodies.
92. Watched a load of made for tv Christmas films.
93. Got a living Christmas tree called Terrance.
94. Had the McDonald’s festive chicken that tasted too good to be McDonald’s.
95. Had lunch with my group of friends for the first time in 2 years.
96. Crocheted Harry Potter as a Christmas gift.
97. Rediscovered my love of mulled wine.
98. Celebrated Christmas at my sister’s on Boxing Day.
99. Played a board game with family.
100. Got some cool little air plants.
101. Made it through 2021.