Let’s take a little break from all those festivities, it can get a little overwhelming can’t it? It’s a busy time of year.
Stop the wrapping, grab a brew, and let me introduce you to Orla aka Fancy Paper.
I was honoured when Orla asked to take part in my Twenty Questions series. As well as being thoroughly entertained when reading her regular ramblings I count Orla as a ‘blog buddy’.
In regards to question 5, Yes Italian is a little too broad Orla, but I don’t blame you, I could totally live on Italian food too!
Question 6, how practical, if there is an apocalypse I’m headed your way!
I totally agree with you on question 19 Orla, trying to please everyone never works, and is stressful. I think first of all we need to please ourselves.
My Questions/Orla’s Answers
1. What made you decide to write a blog?
I talk about this in my blog sometimes. I have wanted to be a writer all of my life. When I became a parent, even though I worship my kids, I had a bit of a rough time with anxiety. A cold January night when I had put in another hard shift with a beautiful but unsettled new born, I was reading all of the advice on the web and realised that I could do that. Maybe not advise people- but just talk. Just write. Just have something I could turn to in the darker hours of night. So Fancy Paper entered stage right. She isn’t going away anytime soon.
2. What do you want your blog to achieve?
I needed my blog to help me find my happiness again. I think as this is being achieved, my blog aim is changing. I now want it to make other people smile too.
3. What is your biggest flaw?
I tend to over do. Over think. Over analyse. Over buy! I am working on it.
4. What is your best attribute?
I don’t know how good this is but I usually find good in people somewhere and it makes me feel guilty when I have been irritated by said person.
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Is Italian too broad? I could do that no bother!!
6. An apocalypse is imminent, you have 30 minutes to prepare, what 3 items do you pack?
Vaseline, water and socks.
7. When making tea would you pour the milk or water in first?
Water! I am in the minority though.
8. What is your favourite way to relax?
Reading or coffee and blogging.
9. If you could interview any human, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you ask?
I would like to talk to Robin Williams. I just want to see what life was like for him.
10. What would be your dream job?
Writing for a living. Feature articles or novels. Or both.
11. You’ve just won 10 million pounds (congratulations!), what 3 things would you do with the money?
Mortgage, new car and a bit of give back.
12. Where in the world would you most like to visit and why?
I would like to see where my uncle lived his life in California with my aunt and cousins. Maybe I could see the bus routes he drove. Simple things. As I might actually get there one day, A place that I am less likely to get to is Uganda. I would like the gorillas in the mist experience.
13. What one thing would you change about yourself?
My attitude to diet. It is uncool. Eat first think later…
14. If you could play any part in a film, past or future, real or fiction, who would you be?
If I get to be the person, I would like to be the Princess in Roman Holiday. If I get to only be the actor, I would play Maria Von Trapp for the singing fun and getting to hang out in Salzburg.
15. If there was a pill that would freeze you at your current age and you could live forever as you are now, would you take it? And why?
I would hate to miss out on the next stage so no, I wouldn’t take that pill.
16. If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why?
JK Rowling. I would like to feel that imagination at play.
17. If you could time travel, where would you go?
1950s Ireland to see my grandparents in their prime.
18. If you were made Queen and allowed to pass one new law, what would it be, and why?
Well, if I got to be Taoiseach in Ireland I would insist on huge expenditure on the health system. In Britain, I would enforce stricter laws on media.
19. What personal trait has gotten you in the most trouble?
Trying to please everyone. It doesn’t work.
20. As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
A writer. JK Rowling probably! I still want that!
It was a pleasure to have you Orla, thank you for taking part in Twenty Questions. You can come for a coffee anytime!
I am looking for more Twenty Questions interviewees for 2018, if you would like to take part just let me know!